Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Illustration Friday: "Gluttony"

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Friar Tuck Style, 2005 • Pencil and Photoshop®

This was fun to do. I just did small drawings of the pig-man's head, arm, and the turkey leg and put 'em together.
The inspiration for this: Many young Canuck adults have episodes of Rocket Robin Hood lodged in their craniums, and I'm no exception. Between commercial breaks, you'd see profiles of Little John, Rocket Robin Hood, and Friar Tuck. The most memorable thing in Tuck's segment was his steamroller eating style, which had him taking one bite out of a food item and tossing it over his shoulder. Good times.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really dig this.

Enid
http://jupiternine.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Ah,,,Friar Tuck. Hmmm, perhaps if he showed the same amount of enthusiasm into some carnal activity that doesn't include inserting a drumstick into his mouth, he could earn himself a new rep and a new name. Call me, Friar F**k!

Sorry, feeling like a bit of a dirty dog tonight :)
Patti

Allan Lorde said...

Thanks for the comments, folks. Hey is this the Patti that I know? Howdy, beautiful! :)
It's cool to have folks visiting here for something I'm doing, rather than searching for topless pictures of Sara Rue (of which I have none, thank you).

Anonymous said...

hehe. love the name, "el negro magnifico", awesome. plus, i love your entry. very nice and pissed off. cool.

erika
http://www.five3.com

Anonymous said...

Hi

love the toss, really great
carefree gluttony, oh year

blarneybytes

Jeope said...

"Some may think him fat, foolish, and not worth worrying about. But don't you believe it..."

I love those little vignettes. Little John and his electro-quarterstaff with the squirrel on it. Rockin'!

Allan Lorde said...

"Little John and his electro-quarterstaff with the squirrel on it."
I forgot about that detail!

Thanks for the props everybody.

Ryan Melvin said...

I like that. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Heh...great illo! "Friar Tuck style" hehehhe that made me laugh.

Moncia
www.green-peas.com