Sunday, January 20, 2013
I've been 38 for over a week now. Feels all right, so far. Right now, I'm writing this blog post, listening to an interview with Laurie Rosenwald, and getting ready to draw some stuff for the Manitoban. There are a lot of things I wish were better in my life, but I can't complain about how things are at this very moment.
Tuesday, January 08, 2013
|Sarah in Shinjuku. May 11th, 2009.|
On January 22nd of that year, we thought we were kind of amazing together and really enjoyed kissing each other.
Ten years later, we got hitched.
Almost five years after that, we now have a charismatic toddler.
It's been a fantastic ride so far, Sarah. I can't think of another woman I'd want to share my life with. I'm so glad we found each other.
Tuesday, January 01, 2013
Three lists. Two look backward, one points to the future (I love melodrama).
Albums I Should've Bought In 2012 But I Was Fucking Broke
(I'm sure there are a few titles I'm missing, but here goes anyway...)
- Quakers – Quakers
- Oh No – Ohnomite
- El-P – Cancer4Cure
- Killer Mike – R.A.P. Music
- King Tuff – King Tuff
- Alabama Shakes – Boys and Girls
- Aesop Rock – Skelethon
- House Shoes – Let It Go
- Neneh Cherry and The Thing – The Cherry Thing
- The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion – Meat & Bone
- Ben Folds Five – The Sound of the Life and the Mind
- The Walkmen – Heaven
- Anything Ty Segall put out this year
- Blu and Exile – Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them
- King Tuff – King Tuff
- Sean Price – Mic Tyson
My Favorite Posters and Art Prints of 2012
- Luke Drozd's "Shhh" poster: http://www.gigposters.com/poster/148908_Tiny_Ruins.html
- Drew Millward's Black Keys poster: http://www.gigposters.com/poster/149603_Band_Of_Skulls.html
- Landland's Eric Church poster: http://www.gigposters.com/poster/150075_Eric_Church.html
- Drew Millward's At the Drive-In poster: http://omgposters.com/2012/04/13/drew-millwards-poster-for-last-nights-at-the-drive-in-show-in-marfa-tx/
- Daniel Danger's At the Drive-In poster: http://omgposters.com/2012/04/16/daniel-dangers-poster-for-fridays-at-the-drive-in-show-in-el-paso/
- Kevin Tong's At the Drive-In poster: http://tragicsunshine.com/band_posters/at-the-drive-in
- Aaron Horkey's Andrew Bird poster: http://omgposters.com/2012/05/03/exclusive-aaron-horkeys-new-poster-for-andrew-bird/
- Scott Campbell's Washed Out tour poster: http://omgposters.com/2012/06/11/scott-campbells-washed-out-tour-poster/
- Laura Park's Kelly Hogan poster: http://www.flickr.com/photos/featherbed/7367603710/
- Miles Tsang's Odd Future poster: http://www.gigposters.com/poster/155413_Odd_Future.html
- Landland's Eric Church poster: http://www.gigposters.com/poster/155678_Eric_Church.html
- Rob Jones' Jack White poster: http://www.gigposters.com/poster/155773_Jack_White.html
- Kevin Tong's Umphrey's McGee poster: http://tragicsunshine.com/band_posters/umphreys-mcgee
- Mik Baro's Devil Dogs poster: http://mikbaroblog.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-devil-dogs-electric-sluts-loco-club.html
- Tiny Kitten Teeth's Adventure Time art print: http://adventuretimeart.frederator.com/post/15695472846/new-limited-edition-poster-sets-from-mondo
- Jay Ryan's postcards: http://omgposters.com/2012/02/09/new-postcards-and-an-art-print-by-jay-ryan/
- Tim Lee's "Space Station Number Five": http://omgposters.com/2012/04/16/space-station-number-5-art-print-by-tim-lee/
- Joe King's "Cephalopod": http://omgposters.com/2012/04/18/cephalopod-art-print-by-joe-king
I know we're a day into it, but I'd like to see these 10 things happen in 2013:
- I hope to see more tan lines in the Tumblr-based nudes I come across.
- It'd be great to get my head out of my ass at some point in the year.
- I'd like more attribution to take place on Tumblr, so I won't have to get on my fucking soapbox for the umpteenth time.
- A cash windfall. Hey, it could happen!
- A visit to Minneapolis. It's been two years, and five since I visited Grumpy's.
- I need to meet the man who does these signs for Public Meat. It'd be nice to get one of those joints, too.
- Mik Baro will post his more recent work on gigposters.com. That'd be killer. What's currently there is a far cry from the badass shit that he's doing right now.
- Maybe Michel Casarramona will update his site? Add a blog or something? Fingers crossed.
- iTunes. I have serious iTunes problems. It'd be great to take care of those.
- Disney...seriously. Stop being dicks about the Ward Kimball book. Like, where do you fuckers get off?
Normally, I'd make a bigger deal out of this sort of thing, but:
- this is my 900th post,
- and this blog recently saw its 10th anniversary.
- The usual. Self-explanatory.
- I lost 30 pounds last year via physical labor. Now I have to really work at it.
- I wasn't late often, but there were times where it could have been avoided. Planning ahead is key. I hate being late.
- The Naylor layoff almost two years ago was the beginning of a downward spiral. Will I be out of debt by the end of the year? Not likely, but I really want to make moves toward being debt free.