Monday, January 09, 2006

R.I.P. David Gordon McCulloch

Sarah's grandfather passed away yesterday.
One of the things I'll remember about him is his selflessness. He was always concerned with how everyone else was doing, to a fault. Now I know where Sarah gets it.
One of the last times I saw him, he was in Grace Hospital after having his second stroke. There he was, attached to all these machines, and the first thing he asked me was "how's the job?"

I know Sarah wishes I knew him before his first stroke, and yes, it would've been cool to have met that version of the man that got all of his grandkids to roll him smokes (really!), but I'm thankful for the years I did know him. I'm gonna miss him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My grandfather was one of the most amazing men I will ever meet. I doubt that I will find any one as genuine and giving as her was. he taught me to forgive to care,and yes to be selfless. He has never said a poor word about anyone. I wish that he would have lived to meet any future generations to teach them his amazing attitude of life. I guess that's up to all of us now.