Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Illustration Friday: "Crowded"

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Squeeze, Without the Play, 2005 • Col-Erase, Pentel Brush Pen and Staedtler Pigment Liner

I decided not to ruin this by coloring it. If you wanna take a crack at it, though, I've got a bigger version here. Word.
I think any bus rider worth his/her salt has been in a situation like this at one time or another. You don't have to have a ton of people to be crowded, f'real.
Or how about that one guy/girl that corners you at a party and invades your space? There ya go.

I'm itchin' to get out of this here town. In less than a week, I'll be Stateside, eating my way through 3 cities. If I'm lucky, I'll run into David Witt in Minneapolis at the Oxes show. That has nothing to do with eating, but it's cool nonetheless.

Oh yeah, if you do color the bigger version, let me know...I wanna see!

9 comments:

Jeope said...

Swear to G*d, I almost did the same thing. I was gonna redo a doodle from those prescription receipt books we drew in and it was exactly like this!

Mine'll probably be up tomorrow night or Thurs.

Anonymous said...

Really nice man. I love that traditional drawing style.

Anonymous said...

ooh, that looks painful! hear you about the personal space thing...
cheers
kerry

A.C said...

hey hey! long time.
are u ok? I am great..

and that illustration is extremely good!!! loved it.. bye bye you funny guy.
Carol

Anonymous said...

Know that feeling well!

mind back in the days when I used public transport it was normally me with a rucksack and an A1 portfolio crowding other people.

Allan Lorde said...

I hear ya, Charlie. First year of Graphic Design class, that was me too.

Hi, Carol...you cutie! ;)

Thanks for the great comments, folks.

J-man...I can't wait to see what you're gonna do. The one that I drew here was based on an sketchbook drawing from a couple of years ago.

Anonymous said...

funny concept. I especially like the woman's annoyed face.

Anonymous said...

Is that a woman? More a monster ... she is positively scary. This sure illustrates crowded and space invaders.

Unknown said...

This is great, this is like a persons temporary hell that seems to last forever! Nice sketch!