Tuesday, January 01, 2019

2019 Resolutions

No lead-off image this year, just straight facts.

As usual, my resolutions aren't hard and fast rules, but more like a code of conduct for the year. This year, my code revolves around three themes:

  1. Better Health
  2. Increased Wealth
  3. Creativity

Better Health: I get on/fall off the wagon regarding my health all year, every year. I'm aiming to stay grounded this time. I took a big step towards getting my mental health in shape last year, so now I have to work on the rest. I can and will commit to exercise, getting the right amount of sleep, and eating healthier. I need to keep the latter in mind before flipping the "fuck it" switch when buying the nastiest burger possible.

Increased Wealth: My wife and I handled some debt issues last year, which is great, needless to say. Now I have to: 1) take care of my Christmas credit card debt, 2) attempt to save more money, and  3) get my freelance business shit correct. I need to get paid what I'm worth. This oughta help.

Creativity: The eternal struggle. Taking a break from freelance last year was something I needed to do, and I don't regret it, but it's time to get back on that horse. I'm not sure how well this will work, but I'm looking at getting up at 5 every day to not only get a jump on the day job and family life, but to also work out the creative muscles before hitting the desk at the 9 to 5. I need to draw more, but not beat myself up when I don't do it for a day.

No comments: