Monday, May 30, 2011

The Artist Formerly Known as Sixtoo



While adding some songs to a playlist on CBC Radio 3's site, I thought to myself, "what the hell has Sixtoo been up to?" I knew his musical focus had switched, but I didn't know much else. It turns out he now runs a gallery and a creative agency (here's their Vimeo page), in addition to touring as Prison Garde. To be blunt, I think that's pretty fucking cool.

Above is the first installment of a series of Red Bull Music Academy tour videos, where Prison Garde and his cohorts jetted across the land to bring beats to the clubs. I recognized the Winnipeg Airport baggage pick-up area right away, and was immediately bummed that I missed their Peg City stop. Oh, well...can't see 'em all! I do love the shot of Portage and Main in this thing, by the way.

No comments: