Wednesday, June 18, 2008

This made my day. F'real.

I've been a fan of Arizona-based cartoonist/illustrator/awesome lady Molly Kiely for a while. Discovering that she's also a Flickr member was a pleasant revelation.
Imagine my surprise when I saw this progress pic on her photostream with the caption, "I got the idea to paint on old vinyl from the charming and talented El Negro Magnifico."
Needless to say, Molly made me quite happy. Kinda makes me feel like I'm on the right track n' stuff.
I know a lot of people are down about the state of the world, and that's not without good reason. At the same time, I know that millions of people felt the same way decades before. Myself, I can't help but feel optimistic about the future and incredibly positive about living in the now. Yes, I know I'm quite typically a "gloomy Gus"...it's my nature, but how can I not be pleasant about this day and age, when I have the eyes and ears of creative folks that I admire via the web?
That's pretty fuckin' awesome.

2 comments:

Jeope said...

"Charming"?

Pfffffft.

Allan Lorde said...

Well, uh...yeah.