Thursday, August 30, 2007

Rock The Bells in MPLS.

Last weekend, my man Mark and I went to Minneapolis to partake in the Rock The Bells show.
Crappy analog photos will be posted at Flickr at some point before God decides to smite us all.

Highlights:
  • Sets by Wu-Tang, Talib Kweli, Pharaohe Monch, and Immortal Technique. A healthy amount of ass was kicked right there.
  • Supernatural's Hosting Abilities. Some might find his schtick corny, but I felt the dude was crazy fun. He really had the crowd with his "3 emcees" routine.
  • Running Into Peg City Residents. Nothing feels better than that.
  • Myth, The Club. Spacious, nice decor, business-like (but not asshole-like) security staff. Thumbs up.
  • Cute Midwestern Girls. Plenty of them. And on the thick side. Made me feel right at home.
  • A Generally Positive Vibe. No real knuckleheads. Mostly polite folks.
  • Nas' Diamond Crucifix. With matching bracelet and ring! Blinding!
Lowlights:
  • Some Jackass In The Floor Level V.I.P. Lame-ass Wu-Tang chants galore. Fucker.
  • Hour-long Delay Between Nas and Wu-Tang. Made all the more excruciating by the previously-mentioned cock puppet. Grrrr.
  • Smoking, Trough-style Urinals, And A Ban On Digital Cameras. All can be found at Myth. Luckily, I forgot my camera at home! I'm such a fuckin' bonehead.
  • Jedi Mind Tricks' Set. Vinny Paz = minute stage presence for such a huge dude.
  • No MF Doom. Disappointing, but Kweli's set made up for it. No Slum Village, either.
Outside of the show: Highlights: Shopping at the Walker Art Center, Electric Fetus, and Robot Love, plus eating at Grumpy's and Culver's. Lowlights: Getting lost on the way to Grumpy's AND on the way home (don't miss Exit 380, kids! I'm a shitty navigator.).

No comments: