Top: My favorite parking lot.
Middle: The Disraeli Bridge, which I've become quite familiar with.
Bottom: Mark Saunders' statue keeps watch over a wintery Portage Ave.
- So, I've just put one week behind me at my new workplace. Everyone's been really cool so far, and I've been teamed up with a fine mentor, who's been showing me the rather complicated ropes. In a month or two, I should be working the evening shift I was hired for. Until then, it's all about waking up at 5 (occasionally 5:30) to get there for 7:30.
- I'm SO stoked to be down with the first print version of I Want Your Skull. When Ryan (August, the creator of this skull-based art thang) has a full list of contributors, I'll post it here.
Photo courtesy of the good folks at Anti.
- Yeah, I was amped for Lupe and The Roots' albums, but when I found out a couple of months ago that Tom Waits was dropping a 3 CD set, I nearly swallowed my tongue. Now that I have a new job and Christmas is comin', the possibility of getting those joints in my hands is far greater.
- Speaking of albums...the new Clipse? HAWT! Normally, I hate on all that drug-dealing shit (no matter who's doin' it), but good music is good music. Admittedly, when "Grindin'" was hot, I was a very outspoken critic of that song. I thought the chorus was dumb as the dumbest thing imaginable, and it was about the drug hustle. But like most things The Neptunes have touched, it got under my skin. I remember hearing "Young Boy" at a Hunnicutt and Co-op jam, and from there, I was down to hear anything that the Neptunes put their name on. "Wamp Wamp" will get me on the floor. I don't give a fuck who's playing it.
- Gotta get ready for bed. Peace, y'all.