The little man in his hospital-provided toque (uh..."woolen hat" for those of you outside of Canada).
- Full Name: Dante David Thor Lorde
- Born: November 12th, 2010 at 2:00 PM. Right on time, and two weeks late.
- Parents: Sarah and Allan Lorde
- Vital Stats:
Weight: 8 lbs., 12 oz. | Length: 20¾ inches
- Temperament: Mellow. Becomes agitated when hungry, like his old man. Working on the sleeping thing. This kid's got a weird internal clock.
- Name Breakdown:
Dante: Dante's namesake is legendary rap insider Dante Ross. I first heard him mentioned in De La Soul's classic debut 3 Feet High and Rising, specifically on the skit "Can U Keep a Secret?" ("Dante is a scrub!") As a 14 year-old kid, I though "Dante" was a pretty cool name, and it stuck with me. I'm glad Sarah thought it was pretty cool, too. For the record, I found out about Dante Alighieri a few years later.
Fun fact: Mr. Ross is represented in the 3 Feet High and Rising liner notes as a talking duck with a brush cut. Awesome.
David: Carrying on the tradition – there are three Davids in the McCulloch family, and it's also the middle name of Sarah's father.
Thor: This one's for Sarah's mom. She had suggested it for years, half-jokingly. We thought, "why not?" There are Swedes in Sarah's family. Norse mythology in the house!
- P.S.: The pesticide and wrestling connotations in his initials (D.D.T.) are no accident. I won't lie...it made us laugh a little. It's a built-in nickname! J.R.R. Tolkien crossed my mind a few times, too.
- Bonus link: Dante Ross talks about a Ol' Dirty Bastard/LL Cool J collab that never got off the ground. Classic!