Thursday, January 08, 2004

Wow...that last post was a fuckin' downer!
...and it was the first of the year, too. No matter. Things are just goin' kinda slow around here, and I'm just putting too much pressure on myself. Anyway, fuck it. Let's see what I've been up to:

- Christmas was wicked for me...how was yours? Had fondue instead of turkey.

- Sarah bought me a DVD player...did I mention I have the best fuckin' girlfriend in the world? Now that I have money again (thanks Misericordia!), I gotta grab me an RF modulator (my TV is old n' shitty), and the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection. Good times!

- Last Movie of 2003: Kill Bill, Vol. 1. Saw it on New Year's Eve with Sarah and a friend of hers. Non-stop entertainment...there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with this film. NOTHING.

- First Movie of 2004: Just An American Boy. Saw it last Saturday after my last shift (hopefully my VERY LAST...) at le Miz. It follows Steve Earle and the Dukes on tour from late 2002 to early 2003. During this time Steve was bravely facing the heat caused by his song "John Walker's Blues", where Steve walks a mile in the shoes of John Walker Lindh, the "American Taliban". It also covers his time in jail, drugs, bluegrass, touring, and becoming a playwright. A truly riveting 90 minutes.

- I'm sure I've mentioned just how dope Dave Cooper is at some point. I picked up his hardcover book, Overbite on Boxing Day (my favorite day of the year!) for half price! A total steal...highly recommended.

Yo...I'm hungry as fuck, so I'll see you later. Peace!

No comments: