Friday, December 31, 2021

2022 Resolutions

2022 Resolutions

Just like last year, there's no need to recap how shitty things have been. 
As usual, my resolutions are more like guidelines for living and not rules where the world ends if I slip up. Who needs that pressure? 
  1. Drawing. More of it, more often, or as often as my mental health will allow. And I'm not gonna beat myself up when I don't because that does nothin' for nobody. It's like, yeah, you gotta "make that thing," but there are some days when you're just not feelin' it, right? Perhaps that's easier to do when you do not depend upon creation for your income. But I digress–more figure drawing, more backgrounds, more two-point perspective. I also have to remember drawing often elevates my mood because it's easy to forget that. So, yeah, more of that, too. Looking back at last year's creative resolutions, I got one thing accomplished for sure: I updated my portfolio. What a weight off my shoulders that was, f'real. 
  2. Health. I don't eat my feelings as much as I used to, so that's good. I'm eating more fruit and drinking water regularly. Maybe some exercise? Maybe. But I say that every fuckin' year. 
  3. Financial Stuff. I had a rainy day fund, but it got depleted by a plumbing emergency, which is the type of thing that shit was for in the first place. That stash needs to be replenished. On an unrelated note, If I cut our landline (yeah, we're among the last folks on earth to have one), I'll save nearly $600 a year. Not too shabby. 
 I hope that 2022 will treat you well. Stay safe and be good to yourself.

No comments: