Sarah n' Me, June 10th, 2006. Meeting this lady just a little over 10 years ago changed my life for the better.
- More of the same!: It's 2008, and I already feel like I'm stuck in a rut. Old habits die hard. Don't get me wrong...I'm changing shit up, but they're incremental changes. Y'know, like less caffeine intake (via Pepsi®) at work, thinking twice before stuffing my face with junk. I am, however, already beginning to backslide. Wednesday, I finished off a Coke® 2 litre, then got a bottle of Coke® with my King Pie sausage roll. Speaking of King Pie, I gotta wonder how much longer those folks will be around at Portage Place (the very first Canuck franchise) . It was pretty dead when I went there. Time will tell. Yesterday, after messing with 4 pieces from Chester Fried because I missed breakfast (naughty), I decided to take advantage of a coupon for an A & W Chicken Grill and a salad for 6 bucks. That's me doin' healthy. Not bad, I guess...Sarah approved. I'm tentatively scheduled to annihilate a Clubhouse pizza on Sunday at Boston Pizza, courtesy of my man St. Louis.
- Destination Unknown: In making yet another futile attempt to clean the apartment, I located my Sexsmith & Kerr Destination Unknown album. I forgot just how fucking good this is. For 40 minutes, I forget that life is a pile of dung. I placed the song "Listen" on a mix for Sarah, and she said "Y'know, you oughta pay close attention to that one line in the song..." I was kinda expecting that. The line goes like this:
When I listen to that inner voice/it's telling me I have a choice/To condemn life or rejoice/I think I'll choose rejoicing...I'm beginning to think that I'm hard-wired to be grumpy and sardonic, whilst having a few flashes of positivity.
- Nuptials! (1): Huge internet-based props to my friends Kerry Ryan and Jeope Wolfe for tying the knot on December 31st. They had a nice, low-key affair, followed by a reception for all their family in friends in their house. Man, so many delectable treats at this fine event. My hat's off to you guys! Many thanks for inviting us.
- Nuptials! (2): The countdown is on for our ceremony. Holy fuck. My responsibilities are as follows:
- 10 table makers
- table tent cards
- mix cd and artwork
- table setting poster
- In our next installment...: My middle-of-the-month-so-no-one-will-care top 10 of 2007 list!