Been kinda busy.
From top to bottom: Cadence Weapon, the cleaned-up Dirtbombs, Horrorpops, and White Cowbell Oklahoma.
Friday, March 24, 2006
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Saturday, March 11, 2006
- The half-assed winter we experienced is giving way to spring. I'm welcoming it. This winter was so mild, I can't wait for it to leave. The really bad part of it leaving is the thaw, which uncovers much dog shit. Bleh.
- So...MTV Canada is being re-launched. I'm skeptical of how good it's gonna be really, because I saw this at The Globe and Mail's site:
However, the CTV incarnation of MTV requires the network to operate the station under a Talk TV licence, meaning it will focus on lifestyle shows through its cable channel, rather than running music videos, the network has said.Interesting. MTV Canada is replacing the wack-from-the-beginning Talk TV (which launched the careers of the vomitous Ben Mulroney and confused b-girl Jennifer Hollett), but it's gonna be held to the same CRTC licence. What's the fuckin' point, really? I think MTV's status in Canada has been stillborn from the get-go. Think about it: CHUM (Muchmusic's parent company) tried to run a Canuck version of its American competion as a separate entity (so it seemed) based in Vancouver, while it was already sucking the teat of said competion's programming (Nick and Jessica, Pimp My Ride, all of MTV's award shows, etc, etc...). From what little I was able to see, it seemed like they were just using Much's "environment" concept with personailties more vapid than Much's current crop, especially that fashion reporter dude. What a waste of skin. CHUM bought Craig Broadcasting, and MTV wanted out. MTV Canada became Razor. I really just don't know what to think. I'm getting too old to care.
- My man Erik is dropping his 4-track demo soon, and an illustration I did is on the cover and actual CD. Check it out. Dude hooked up the rest in Photoshop himself. You can listen to the joints at www.myspace.com/athavale. My favorite is "Bounce".
- I've got two posters to finish. I'm feeling good creatively right now, compared to January. Looks like I'm gonna be in an art show too.
- The Inbreds' Kombinator is a damn good album. Picked it up second hand a few days ago.
- In the past two months, I've recieved posters from two of my gigposters.com bretheren: Zach Hobbs and JP Flexner. These dudes fuckin' rule.
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Bloodsuckin' Bastard's S**t Eatin' Grin, 2006 • graphite, Crayola crayon, Copic marker, Staedtler pigment liner, Higgins ink and Photoshop.
I was inspired by Jeope's take to get going on this one. This IF actually started on the back of a business card while bored at a wedding social this past Saturday. Mosquitos and a Winnipeg summer are synonymous, f'real. What makes me laugh is that I now live in the very heart of Wolseley, the granola-eatin', patchouli-scented part of town* that protests the spraying of Malathion against mosquitos every year. Well...whatery'gonnado?
Large version? Here!
*Jokes, y'all. This neighbourhood rules.
EDIT: Here's a much bloodier version. I feel much better about this one.
Here's the biggie.